Pakistan were stunned by Zimbabwe on Thursday, leaving their place in the T20 World Cup in doubt.
In the first match, they were defeated in a thriller by India. Yesterday’s game also came down to the wire, with Zimbabwe winning on the final ball.
Many people are now wondering if Pakistan still has a chance to reach the World Cup semi-finals. They can, but it will not be easy.
Here’s how Pakistan can qualify for semis:
- First and foremost, Pakistan must win all of its remaining games against the Netherlands, South Africa, and Bangladesh.
- Pakistan should not only win all of these matches but also win big in order to maintain a healthy net run rate.
- In their upcoming match, India should defeat South Africa.
- Zimbabwe must lose two of their remaining 3 matches. They will play India, the Netherlands, and Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh should lose one more game.
Fixtures of Group 2, Super 12 stage
October 30 — Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, Netherlands vs Pakistan, and India vs South Africa
November 2 — Zimbabwe vs Netherlands and India vs Bangladesh
November 3 — Pakistan vs South Africa
November 6 — South Africa vs Netherlands, Pakistan vs Bangladesh, and India vs Zimbabwe