Shubman Gill hits ODI double hundred: Here are 5 other Indian batsmen who have scored double ton
Shubman Gill, age 20, played in his first ODI against New Zealand live. In the first ODI at Hyderabad, Indian opener Shubman Gill put up a brilliant batting display against New Zealand. Gill hit a magnificent 200-run knock. With the aid of 19 fours and 9 sixes, the youthful player, who was in excellent form, hammered 208 runs off just 149 deliveries. He also records the youngest double-hundred batting average in history. Ishan Kishan, who recently got a double hundred against Bangladesh in December, was surpassed by him. Additionally, Shubman Gill is the eighth batter in the world and the fifth Indian hitter to accomplish this accomplishment.
Shubman Gill ODI record:
- Gill achieves a double tonne, making him the youngest batter in history.
- Ishan Kishan, who got a double tonne when he was 24 years, 145 days old, held the previous record, which he shattered.
- When Gill achieved a double hundred, he was just 23 years old and 132 days.
- The fifth Indian batsman to get a double century is Gill.
- He is now the eighth batsman in the whole globe to accomplish the feat.
- At Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Gill’s 208 runs stand as the highest individual total.
- The fastest Indian batter to 1000 runs in an ODI was Shubman Gill.
- Only Shikhar Dhawan (17) has scored a third ODI hundred in less innings than Gill among Indian players.
Sachin Tendulkar: In an ODI match against South Africa in Gwalior in 2010, India’s legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar became the first man to score a double century. He used 147 balls to score 200* runs.
Virender Sehwag: This was followed by Virender Sehwag’s 219 in the 2011 world cup match against West Indies.
Rohit’s 264 is the highest individual score in ODIs
Ishant Kishan (2022): 210 against Bangladesh in Chittagram.
In addition to these Indian batsmen, MJ Guptill of New Zealand, Chris Gayle of the Caribbean, and Fakhar Zaman of Pakistan have also amassed double century in ODI matches.