It’s been 11 years of Ko some of the exciting and exhilarating facts about the movie.
Ko ( ’King’) is a 2011 Indian Tamil-language political action thriller film directed by K. V. Anand and written by Anand and the duo Suresh and Balakrishnan. The film stars Jiiva, Ajmal, Karthika, and Piaa Bajpai in lead roles, while Prakash Raj and Kota Srinivasa Rao appear in supporting roles. The film follows Ashwin (Jiiva), a photojournalist working for Dina Anjal who covers the Tamil Nadu State Election. The core plot of the movie was reported to be based on the 2009 movie State of Play.
1. It seems that soon after the completion of the script; Late KV Anand approached almost all the actors in the industry.
2. Vikram, Simbu, Bharath, and Ajith were approached. But due to the call sheet issues Jeeva cam onboard.
3. Sasikumar was approached initially for the negative role, but he didn’t take up. Later, Unnale Unnale fame Vinay, Narain, and Ganesh Venkatram were approached for the negative roles.
4. Although KV Anand had worked as a photojournalist, the premise of Ko was set in daily newspaper office. So he didn’t take things for granted and spent quality time researching the working pattern and later scripted the tale.
5. Although Ayan had a Chartbuster album from Harris Jayaraj, KV’s Favorite music director was again roped for “KO“
The Remarkable Music Composition
The romantic songs from Ko, Ennamo Yeadho, and Venpaniye win millions of hearts and are still favorites of many. Its musical piece is a delight to the fans
Trolltunga, Preikestolen, Kjeragbolten in Norway – Amali Thumali
Special appearances by cine-artists in the song “Aga Naga song”
Suriya, Shakthi Vasudevan,Jayam Ravi, Jai, Sasikumar, Shiva,Bharath, Abbas, Atharvaa, Karthi, Tamannaah, Anjali, Anuja Iyer, Gadam Kishan, Ganesh Venkatraman, Harris Jayaraj, John Vijay, Kannan, Krish, Madhan Karky, Narain, Peter Hein, Rima Kallingal, Sanjana Singh.
The film opened 95–100% occupancy on first day collected ₹2.5 million (equivalent to ₹4.4 million or US$57,000 in 2020). The Telugu version, Rangam collected ₹209.5 million
A standalone sequel to the film titled Ko 2 was announced by the producer Elred Kumar, which features a different cast and crew, starring Bobby Simha and Nikki Galrani, except Prakash Raj, who reprised his role from the original. The film was released in May 2016.
Unseen photoshoot stills from #Ko ft. #Simbu