The Bombay High Court already declared the verdict and stated that Salman Khan would not be required to appear in Andheri Court.
The Bombay High Court dismissed the journalist’s 2019 lawsuit against Salman Khan on Thursday. The actor was charged with stealing the journalist’s phone, along with his security Nawaz Shaikh. He had made a formal complaint alleging misbehaviour and abuse against Salman. Salman would not be required to appear in Andheri Court, according to the ruling that was previously made by a single-judge Judge Bharati Dangre.
Bombay High Court quashes FIR filed against Salman Khan
“Bombay High Court ruled to dismiss the FIR made against superstar Salman Khan, in the matter of assault and inappropriate behaviour with a journalist in 2019,” said the statement that ANI posted on Twitter. Salman Khan won’t be required to appear in court in Andheri.
The journalist said that Salman stole his phone when he was cycling in Mumbai back in April 2019. The journalist further claimed in his lawsuit that Salman initiated a quarrel with him and made threats. India Today claims that the court drew attention to inconsistencies in the journalist’s account. “After two months, you realised phataka mara tha, attack kiya tha?” Judge Dangre asked. You don’t say mujhe mara or that you were assaulted right away, but after two months, you do. Seek the police with your initial complaint.
The DN Nagar police station, where the complaint was lodged, was asked to submit a report to the Magistrate Court. The Magistrate determined there was enough evidence to proceed against Salman based on the “positive police report” in accordance with Section 202 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) and other materials. The Magistrate invited the accused to appear personally in court after observing that charges have been brought out against him under Sections 504 (intentional insult with intent to incite breach of peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Criminal Code.
Salman subsequently petitioned the High Court, which in April 2022 delayed the ruling. Also, he requested that the case against him be dropped. The actor was represented by Senior Advocate Aabad Ponda, who claimed that all the actor had done was ask his security to prevent the journalist from taking pictures and recordings of him.