Musk Melon is also referred to as ”sweet melon”, got its name from its strong musk aroma. It is a yellow fruit that has an exotic sweet and pleasant aroma. Melon is said to have originated in the region from India to Africa. Melon is an incredibly refreshing snack in the summer. It has a mild sugar and watery taste.
Here are some of the health benefits of Musk Melon.
1. Muskmelon is rich in water content, which keeps your body hydrated in the hot summer season. It cools the body.
2. Rich in potassium nutrient, which helps in regulating the blood pressure.
3. Rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene can help improve your eyesight and reduce your risk of cataract.
4. Muskmelons have negligible fat content, helps in weight loss.
5. Helps in controlling diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels.
6. Rich in Vitamin C strengthens the immune system.
7. Contains an amount of dietary fibre which relieves constipation probelm.
8. Oxykine – An extract of muskmelon helps in curing kidney disorders and stones.
9. Have high folate content, prevents water retention by removing excess sodium from the body. It is the best choice to have during pregnancy.
10. Due to its anticoagulant properties, it dissolves clots and eases your muscle cramps.
11. Relaxes the nerves and muscles to relieve insomnia. Hence you can sleep better.
12. Contains Adenosine(has blood-thinning properties) which automatically reduces the risk of heart ailments.
13. Increases the flow of oxygen to the brain thereby it acts as a stress reliever.
14. Contains Vitamin A, known for stimulating the production of sebum promotes hair growth.
15. Packed with Collagen, which is a protein that helps in keeping the skin tissues soft and tight.
16. Has anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve pain associated with arthritis.
17. Eating raw muskmelon or rinsing your mouth with a juice made of its skin can help in dealing with dental pain.